A little bit of fun is important in everyone’s life because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy (I know you just told me that you are not Jack in your head, really now?) and most of the fun that I can think of involves music because whether you are a music lover or not, you most definitely like some kind of music.
So this article is specifically for those who own a Sonos sound system or are planning to buy one. This article is also for those who have no idea what I’m talking about, because we will let the app in question do the talking for us. Enter Sonos – a smart system of HiFi wireless speakers and audio components to take your music listening experience to the next level. It unites your digital music collection in one app that you control from any device. You can lay whatever you want without any skips, delays or drops.
The problem with this app is the ‘one app’ part, if your read the above description again you will notice that it unites your digital music only through one app. This amazing sound system only streams music via WiFi from the android through the Sonos or Google Play Music app. There are cheaper bluetooth devices in the market that allow you to do much more, they might not have the same quality but give you a lot more freedom when it comes to pairing with other devices.
So here comes Macronos for Sonos – the app that helps you in getting a lot more freedom with the Sonos sound system because it has the ability to cast all kinds of music and audio from a rooted android device to the Sonos speakers, including YouTube. You can even configure shortcuts on the Home screen to play media of your choice. To get started just open Macronos and press the plus icon in the title bar. Choose music, select players, set volume and save the macro. It will then be added to your Home screen as a shortcut.
Not just this, here are the other things that this app can do:
– Stream music from Dropbox to Sonos.
– Pause or fade-out Sonos players when you make or receive phone calls.
– Wi-Fi play – Starts playback when arriving home.
– Megaphonos – Turns your device into a Sonos megaphone.
– NFC tag support. Start music with NFC tags.
– Podcast support. Plays latest or specific podcast on Sonos from RSS feed.
– ‘Control’ shortcut. From ‘Control’ you have access to the most common controls, existing macros and music. Hide players with parental control. Maximum volume levels.
– Alarm feature to run a macro at a given time or repeating.
– Controls multiple households.
– Tasker, Locale, Llama (Locale plugin) integration for automated Sonos control.
A few apps that Macronos supports are Grooveshark, Spotify, Soundcloud, MOG, Rdio, YouTube, VEVO, Poweramp and many more.
Macronos for Sonos is the best solution for owners of a Sonos sound system as it provides more flexibility when it comes to steaming music and audio files through the Sonos sound system, without which it can prove to be a bit of a longer process to play songs from different places as they first need to be compiled at one place.