While all of us have big dreams of going to the top universities, it is not always possible due to various reasons. However, that does not mean that we need to crush our dreams. The idea is to attain knowledge in which ever form it comes. So when the whole world is going digital and apps are the solution to everything, why not download an app that will be the bridge between us and the university of our dreams?
So here comes Coursera, for education that is free, open, online – and now mobile.
Coursera connects you with free online courses from 115+ of the top universities and educational institutions in the world including Stanford, Yale, Princeton and others. Browse our catalog, join courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors. Learn anytime, anywhere, in topics ranging from computer science to cooking and beyond.
Take free courses in subjects such as:
• Computer Programming, including Java, Android Apps and Python languages
• Data Science
• Entrepreneurship, Business, and Leadership
• Finance, Accounting, and Economics
• Machine Learning and Gamification
• Mathematics, including Calculus and Statistics
• Project Management
These are just to name a few, Coursera provides hundreds of other classes!
Download Coursera to make education on your schedule: watch short, modular lectures during your commute, coffee break, or any time of your day.
• Learn from top instructors representing more than 115 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
• Browse over 800 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
• On-Demand courses, which let you learn at your own pace
• Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing
• Join courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
• Easily pick up where you left off in a course, from the Coursera.org website seamlessly to the mobile app
• Verified Certificates, which prove your course accomplishments, can be supplementarily purchased on Coursera.org
• Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian
• Subtitles available in all courses’ native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available.
On-Demand allows for ultimate learning flexibility in courses such as:
• Age of Jefferson (UVA)
• Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life (Edinburgh)
• Child Nutrition and Cooking (Stanford)
• Chinese for Beginners (Peking University)
• Competitive Strategy (LMU)
• Introduction to Sustainable Development (Columbia)
• Introduction to Public Speaking (Wesleyan)
• Calculus One (The University of Ohio)
• Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher (Relay Graduate School of Education)
• Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)
Some of the most popular courses include:
• An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice)
• An Introduction to Operations Management (UPenn, Wharton School of Business)
• Algorithms (Princeton)
• Android Programming (University of Maryland and Vanderbilt)
• Cryptography (Stanford)
• Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship (University of Maryland)
• Machine Learning (Stanford)
• Model Thinking (University of Michigan)
• Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (Case Western Reserve)
• Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan)
• R Programming (Johns Hopkins)
• The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Johns Hopkins)
• Think Again: How to Reason and Argue (Duke)
• Social Psychology (Wesleyan)
Thus, education is not limited to getting into a top university, education is knowledge attained from whichever sours possible. Coursera makes our university dreams come true, in a new-age, digital way!