In time with the last day of IFA 2019, Apple announces its 13th generation iPhone family – the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, along with other Apple techs. The company fired off announcements in rapid order during a presentation at its Cupertino headquarters. Here’s all the Apple news you need to know:
The iPhone 11 replaces the iPhone XR, which design relies on anodized aluminum in the frame and glass panels front and back. It comes in black, white, purple, yellow, green, and Product Red. Other features include:
- 6.1-inch Liquid Retina Display enhanced by spatial audio and Dolby Atmos
- Dual-rear-camera – 12MP sensor at f/1.8 and 12MP sensor at f/2.0)
- Front Camera – 12MP, with 4K video capture at up to 60fps, HDR, and slow-motion for slow-motion selfies (slofies)
- Support 4K video recording at up to 60fps
- A13 Bionic processor – fastest CPU ever in a smartphone as Apple claims
- 1 hour longer battery compared to iPhone XR
The iPhone 11 will be available for preorder on September 13 and will reach stores on September 20. Pricing starts at $699.
iPhone 11 Pro
A more powerful variant of the iPhone 11 as the name obviously suggests. The iPhone 11 Pro’s frame is made of surgical steel and the back glass is a single piece. It comes in midnight green, space gray, silver, and gold. Other features include:
- Available in 5.8- and 6.5-inches display
- OLED panel features a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- PP3 color
- Spatial audio with Dolby 10 and Dolby Atmos
- 1,200 nits brightness
- Pixel density of 468ppi
- A13 Bionic processor
- 5.8-inch iPhone 11 Pro gets 4 more hours battery life compared to 5.8-inch iPhone XS
- 6.5-inch iPhone 11 Pro gets 5 more hours battery life compared to 6.5-inch iPhone XS
- Triple-rear-camera – 12MP sensor at f/1.8, the telephoto lens has a 12MP sensor at f/2, and the wide-angle also has a 12MP sensor at f/2 with a field of view as wide as 120 degrees
- All three cameras are capable of shooting video up to 4K at 60fps with HDR
- Better water resistance
- Faster LTE 4G
- More shatter-resistant glass in textured matte finishes
The iPhone 11 Pro will be available for preorder on September 13 and will reach stores on September 20. Pricing starts at $999 for the 5.8-inch model and $1,099 for the 6.5-inch model. Orders start at 5am PST / 8 AM EST.
Other Apple Techs
Aside from the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, the number one Android competitor also announced a number of techs you don’t want to miss:
- Apple Arcade ($4.99 per month; can be shared) – dedicated gaming service
- Apple TV Plus ($4.99 per month; can be shared) – paid streaming video service
- iPadOS – new branch of iOS specifically meant for the iPad
- Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS models $399; LTE models $499) – Apple’s new smartwatch with always-on feature and lasts 18 hours. Pre-orders is on the roll and the devices will be available in stores September 20.
That’s it for Apple today. These announcements are expected to compete with Android’s biggest names such as Samsung, Huawei, Google, and more.