The latest content update for Fortnite is finally out and it comes with the introduction of the third sequel of the best movies of all time – John Wick 3. The Fortnite 9.01 patch comes with John Wick-themed limited-time mode, new weapons, and some minor game fixes.
The newest limited-time event titled Wick’s Bounty will drop players into a game with gold tokens like what’s used as assassin currency in the movie. Eliminating an enemy player pays out all of the tokens that they were carrying, and the first squad to reach a certain threshold wins.
Here’s more you need to know about Fortnite 9.01 patch:
Limited-Time Mode: Wick’s Bounty
- Limited respawning: Each player has three lives.
- The more tokens a player is carrying, the more visible on the map they will be when moving or shooting.
- The top 3 token leaders will always have their location shown on the map & compass.
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.
- Fully Automatic
- 30 Round Magazine
- Deals 22/23/24 damage
- Headshot Multiplier of 1.75x
- Reduced Baller health from 200 to 150
- Vaulted Compact SMG
- Slipstream adjustments
- Slipstreams no longer block building.
- Players flying in a Slipstream will destroy player-built objects when they collide.
- Slipstreams are now disabled after storm phase 5.
- Launch off Air Vents in different matches (0/5)
- Stage 1 of 5: Land at Snobby Shores
- Stage 2 of 5: Land at Fatal Fields
- Stage 3 of 5: Land at Sunny Steps
- Stage 4 of 5: Land at Dusty Divot
- Stage 5 of 5: Land at Happy Hamlet
- Eliminate opponents in Sunny Steps or Shifty Shafts (0/3)
Battle Pass Challenges
- Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (0/500)
- Visit an oversized Phone, a big Piano, and a giant Dancing Fish Trophy
- Search a Chest in different Named Locations in a single match (0/3)
- Deal damage to opponents from at least 2 stories above
- Stage 1 of 3: Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away
- Stage 2 of 3: Eliminate an opponent from at least 75m away
- Stage 3 of 3: Eliminate an opponent from at least 100m away
Where to find the oversized phone, big piano, and giant dancing fish trophy
- Jump into any mode of Fortnite’s Battle Royale. Solo or Team Rumble will, as it’s the best for challenges like these.
- There are two oversized phones in the game: one is located to the East of the Block, and the other is to the Southwest of Fatal Fields.
- The big Piano is located just North of the Mansion, in the forest above it.
- The Giant Dancing Fish Trophy can be found Southwest of Mega Mall, stuck in the roof of a house.
- Simply walk up to or land near each item, and that part of the challenge will be done.
Once you get near any of the items, you’ll have finished the challenge. There is no special order to do them in, so whatever you land closest to can be the first thing you head towards. After that, you’re free to explore all the new facets of Season 9 or get a jumpstart on the Battle Pass by finishing some of the other Week 2 challenges.
That’s it for Fortnite 9.01 Patch update.